FairCom Server now supports logging a diagnostic message to CTSTATUS.FCS whenever its total number of open files exceeds the specified threshold.
<files> is the number of open files at which FairCom Server should start logging messages to CTSTATUS.FCS. This option defaults to zero (no logging).
Once the limit is reached, a message is logged each time the current number of open files exceeds the previous high water mark. So for example, in the following situation:
Current open files = 99
1. Open a file: current open files = 100: message logged
2. Open a file: current open files = 101: message logged
3. Open a file: current open files = 102: message logged
4. Close a file: current open files = 101
5. Open a file: current open files = 102: no message logged because already logged 102
This option can be changed at runtime via ctadmn.